- About Us
Gender equality is more than a goal in itself. It is a precondition for meeting the challenge of reducing poverty, promoting sustainable development and building good governance. --Kofi Annan, former Secretary General of The United Nations
We strive for a world in which human dignity is protected from the ravages of poverty, ignorance, discrimination and violence.
We dedicate to community, service, accountability, equity for all, peace, transparency and acting ethically.Our Mission
We are a Cameroonian community-based organization (CBO) dedicated to improve livelihoods of the rural and urban underprivileged and marginalized, especially women and youth. We provide access to micro-financing, capacity-building, agricultural resources through a participatory and partnership approach, with local, national and international organizations involved in community development projects.Goal
NCIG aims to improve the socio-economic status of the rural and urban underprivileged and marginalized population especially women and youths.Objectives
Our activities are targeted to achieve the following objectives:
- Improve rural livelihoods through sustainable agriculture and permanent self-employment;
- Promote Gender Equality;
- Increase access for the poor, especially women, to credit for income generating purposes;
- Enhance Community Access to Information Technology for Development Information;
- Improve community participation in primary health care, especially in Reproductive Health, HIV/AIDS, and Malaria Control;
- Promote community use of renewable energy and participation in environmental protection;
- Promotion of Sustainable Societies through Citizen Participation, Conflict Prevention and Management.
At this website you can find information about our organisation, regarding our activities within Cameroon, the consulting services we provide to partners as well as opportunities for future projects and employment with NCIG. Additionally, we present information about our partners, important links relevant to our objectives, and contact information.